Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Venomous Venoms

I’ve always had a love for body modification. I had to hide my piercings and scarifications from my grandparents when I lived with them. Now that I moved out and my 18th birthday was coming soon, my search for piercings was top priority on my list. I’ve seen venoms before in my younger years, and after a while I made myself forget about it (because at the time my 18th was a long ways away, and I didn’t want to torture myself by thinking about it.) After a few days into March, I decided that I wanted my anti-eyebrow done with 2 micro dermal anchors, and my venoms pierced. I called tattoo shops and got addresses of a few that I knew I could trust. After a while, I changed my mind about the anti-tragus, (because of jobs) and settled on getting my clavicles instead. I scoped the internet for information I already knew for both piercings, and gathered many articles/blogs of people’s experiences. So on the day of my 18th, me and my boyfriend Craig went to Screaming Needle, after talking to the piercer about getting my venoms over the phone. She said that I should stop by and have her look at my veins to see if I was eligible for them. There was a couple there talking to a tattoo artist, while she looked at my veins, and she said “I just don’t feel comfortable piercing you” and of course I felt rejected, and very disappointed. I wanted to have Screaming Needle to do my piercings, but it turned out their piercer wasn’t comfortable with piercing me, because my veins ran to the tip of my tongue. I’m just glad she told the truth instead of taking a risk & stealing my money. A lot of my friends are still wondering why I want more piercings. I already have 17 and adding 4 more to the pile would make it 21. I do have tattoos, but only 2. I have my: Double bottom navel, lip, tongue webbing, septum, nostril, eyebrow, lobes (9/16ths), second lobes, 3 cartilage, helix, forward helix, and a anti-tragus; with 2 music notes tatted on each of my tragus. My retired piercings are: Labret, Lip, Nostril, Navel , Hand Webbing and Smiley. Anyways to get about my venom piercing experience: It was one day after my birthday that I found a shop that would do it. The shop wasn’t even that far from where I stayed, and plus the piercings cost $20.00 ($20.00 less than Screaming Needle & Dermagrafix.). I was super excited to get these done, no way was I backing out, even if they had to pierce them at a angle (I wanted my venoms straight up & down on the outer side of my veins, instead of pierced in between my veins, angled out towards the edges). I took the bus to Mystery Ink in Grand Rapids, on April 1, 2013. When I went in, there was a dad and his daughter talking about getting her a rose tattoo. The lady behind the counter asked me what I came in for, and I told her 2 tongue piercings. I had called the shop hours earlier to ask if their piercer did venom bites. So as I waited about a hour and a half for a elder lady to get her tattoo touched up (my piercer was also a tattoo artist) I flipped through magazines, hoping he could pierce my venoms. I did not wanted to be turned down again. A hour and a half later, he called me back and got all the utensils and jewelry prepped. He used new needles and jewelry, he asked me what I wanted and I described to him what I wanted & plus I showed him a photo of how I wanted them straight up and down. He nodded and grabbed some purple ink to mark my dots after putting on new gloves. I was soooooo happy that I was finally getting the piercings of my dreams, despite the fact that I didn’t get them on the day of my birthday. He marked the dots on my tongue with some purple liquid and had some white miniature plastic clamps. He clamped my right side first and I took a breath in and he stuck he needle out on my exhale. I never felt such a sensation before. It did hurt, that I won’t lie about. It was a 4.5 out of 5 for pain, and my left side was the same (he pierced the left after putting jewelry in the right one). He did pierce them closer to the tip than I would have liked, but I’m sooooo happy I have them, that is something I do no mind. I felt bad ass walking out the piercing studio and walked right down the street to a gas station and purchased a Slurpee I ended up never eating. Day 1 (nighttime)~ For dinner I ate small curd cottage cheese with cut up small hot dogs. Eating took about a hour, but that was because I wasn’t really hungry. Pain levels were low, almost to none and I did have a lisp. Swelling was minor, but I took two 200 mg of ibuprofen, then rinsed my mouth out before I went to bed. Day 2 (morning)~Woke up and rinsed mouth with mouth wash and softly scrubbed my tongue with the tooth brush. The front of my tongue on the sides were bruised. A soft purple, but my left side was a little bit darker than the right. I ate a small 0.4 oz of mixed berry applesauce, and little to no cold water. There was no pain, and swelling (that I noticed) so far. I still took 200 mg of ibuprofen. After eating I rinsed some more. Day 2 (afternoon)~I ate some cut up hot dogs again with cut up sausages. I drank Whelcher’s Watermelon Juice. Rinsed some more and around 3 p.m I took two more 200 mg ibuprofen before I went to work. Day 2 (nighttime)~After work I fixed some cheddar cheese soup and ended up not eating it all. Rinsed, popped pills and went to bed. Day 3 (morning)~ Woke up and scrubbed my tongue, my tongue has now turned white.. and very furry. Scrubbing did not take the white off, but then again it was probably because I wasn’t scrubbing hard enough. Have a white/cloudy looking puss at the bottom of my tongue, where the barbells exit out my tongue. It looks like puss, but when I try to scrape it off with my tooth brush it’s still attached. I think it might be flesh that turned white. Pain was a 3.5 today, I think it’s because all that saliva chilling on top of my tongue as I slept. I Smoked a bit of Mary Jane and rinsed right after. Went to Biggby Coffee with my boyfriend, and drank a Raspberry Zinger slurpee like type drink. The coldness made my tongue feel better, but some of the lemon zest rubbed against the posts where my exits wounds were, and irritated me a little bit. Day 3 (afternoon)~ I fixed a 2 soup combo (chicken noodle with cheddar cheese) and ripped up bits of bread. I drank some V8 Strawberry & Banana juice, and had a 0.4 oz of mixed berry apple sauce. I rinsed my mouth and laid down and went to sleep. Right this moment, the bottom of my mouth is irritated from the balls resting there all the time. My tongue webbing piercing doesn’t really interfere with the venom bites, it’s just that my over bite causes my tongue to be cramped up in a tight space. **I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Have you hit your teeth on them? Piercers keep telling me lots of ppl do with tongue piercings but they're so cute xc

    ReplyDelete